[clue-talk] Installing stuff generally and Installfest

rex evans rexfordevans at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 16:02:24 MDT 2008

Hi Angelo,
I have a laptop (only), so I can go anywhere and do an install.
Maybe I will have to visit Installfest regularly to get the
big software items.

I was also theorizing that WiFi would serve on occasion.
Is WiFi too slow or too unreliable for installing?

I am also considering wireless broadband. I see Cricket advertised on
television and other offerings on the web. Various forum postings are
describing problems with these new offerings, as I would expect.

For
the longer term, I am tryiing to find a solution that works for 2
residences, therefore my interest in wireless WiFi  and wireless
broadband.

OTOH, once I get some basics installed (gcc, opengl, R, etc.), I could go
six months without wanting (installing) anything. Or not. haha.

My other constraint on installing: I need to get most of it on my external
disc drive, not my "C" drive =hda, which is very limited on space.