[clue-talk] Wow, Card's a little political...

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Fri Oct 31 20:32:20 MDT 2008

On 10-31 06:48, David Rudder wrote:
> I just finished reading his "Invasive Procedures".  meh.  Cool idea (a
> crazy geneticist starts healing people with a retro virus he created,
> but his plans for world dominance bring him into conflict with a
> brilliant, handsome federal agent), but the actual story was pretty weak
> with a lot of plot holes.  I guess they can't all be Alvin Maker.
>
> Card's always had strong right-wing opinions.  He's a strong Mormon
> which helps feed his beliefs.  *shrug*   Doesn't make Invasive
> Procedures good or Enders Game bad.

I know that, just like anyone else, writers shouldn't feel they have to
censor their personal opinions, but it does, um, color their work for their
readers (or at least this one) to know they literally believe in magic.

I wasn't reading much fiction anyway, but had Enders Game on my "to-read"
list. Then I found out he was Mormon, and that it colored some of his newer
work.  I said, "Meh", and now it's on the back burner.

Kind of like when I find Scott Adams is retarded when it comes to biology.
And is outspoken with his ignorance...putting it on display for the entire
world.

Now I cannot even read a Dilbert cartoon w/o thinking of creationism.

Yuck.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com
Earn cash in your spare time -- blackmail your friends