[clue-talk] Wow, Card's a little political...

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Fri Oct 31 21:49:21 MDT 2008

Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> I hope Hopey wins. Not that I think he'll be all that much different
> than Bush in actual practice, but to keep that insane witch from Alaska as
> far away from the levers of power as possible. If McCrackers had picked
> someone sane and competent as his partner, I wouldn't give a darn either way,
> really. They are two wings of the same party. But he didn't.

Palin was the tipping point for me too.  I liked McCain vs Bush in 2000,
but ever since he started his campaign he seems to have thrown away his
"mavrick" style and towed the party line.  At least it seemed that way,
with that fake smile and "my friends" every other second.  But I still
wasn't sure he wasn't just doing this to get elected by a party that now
needs the crazy vote.  (I really hope the Republicans can split or
reform themselves.)  Then when he made an important decision like
choosing a VP, I knew he had joined the dark side.  I just plain don't
trust him to make his own decisions like he used to.

Angelo