[clue-talk] Our government is crazy (Or: the terrorists have won)

David Rudder david.rudder at reliableresponse.net
Tue Sep 2 12:15:57 MDT 2008

Well, I don't imagine Bin Laden is sitting in his cell saying "ahah!  I
made the Americans take naked pictures of all their airlines
passengers!!!  We've won!"  I really don't think this was their goal, so
it's hard to say they've won.

On the other hand, now that these are in production, how difficult would
it be for a couple hardware hackers to build one of these things?  Do we
have to worry about millimeter wave porn hitting the net?  Are there
going to be cleverly hidden scanner by every high school?  Now, *that's*
really disturbing.  I mean, hopefully TSA does *some* vetting.  But,
what's to stop your average run-of-the-mill pedophile from getting one
of these?

I won't argue that the terrorists have won, but, as a father of a young
girl, I'm really freaked out by the less spectacular abuses of this
technology.

-Dave