[clue-talk] Things are pretty OK

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 20:51:30 MDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 7:32 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
>> http://xkcd.com/470/
>> http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/steven_pinker_on_the_myth_of_violence.html
>> -- David
>>

> As usual, I'm PO'd that this film clip uses some brand of Flash that
> my Linux Flash can't handle, so I have no clue what this is all about.

Well, the answer is the current Firefox/Swiftfox (I run swiftfox)
plugin setup sucks. The /usr/lib/xxx/plugins (xxx=firefox or swiftfox)
is a link to /usr/lib/xulrunner-addons/plugins, and the flash install
drops yet another link in this directory to
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so. The result is that
about:plugins shows no flashplayer!

I reinstalled thelatest ver 9 for linux in opera and verified that it
works. After copying /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so to
/usr/lib/xulrunner-addons, flash is now working in swiftfox.

--
Collins Richey