[clue-talk] Things are pretty OK

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Sun Sep 21 17:51:35 MDT 2008

On Friday 19 September 2008 8:48:09 pm Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:41:06 -0600
>
> Collins Richey wrote:
> > As usual, I'm PO'd that this film clip uses some brand of Flash that
> > my Linux Flash can't handle, so I have no clue what this is all about.
>
> I'm always always PO'd when I encounter sites that feel like they have to
> use Flash for anything. What's wrong with a hyperlink to an MPEG file?

Y'know, I used to be pretty cranky 'bout that, too. But now that Adobe has a
stable version of the Flash player for Linux, I've gotta say its a pretty
good idea. News stations, streaming audio stations, etc are starting to use
Flash to serve up their media. That means that websites/companies that would
never even try to support Linux end up Just Working with a Flash player.

It could be worse.

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
My... my wi-, my wife, Bunny? Do you see a wedding ring on my finger? Does
this place look like I'm fucking married? The toilet seat's up, man!