[clue-talk] Heh: Google goofs on Morse

Roy rjohnston at denverinternet.com
Mon Apr 27 22:08:16 MDT 2009

>Happy Birthday Samuel Morse, as celebrated by Google, using International Radio Code. http://google.com/
>
>(Or, if you're not reading this today, screencap where I found this
>amusing little nugget --
>http://twowheeledmadwoman.blogspot.com/2009/04/google-fail.html -- what,
>you think I'm a telegrapher?)
>
>Figured all you hams would get a kick out of it.
>
>jed

ack,
it was a nice gesture.
(obviously, it should have been in audio - but you take what you can get)

the blog was interesting in a technical sort of way, ( yes, the original railroad line code is different than what we know as morse today) but none of the hams I know, read the old Morse 1.0 - they all use the standard code.  and yes, they refer to it as Morse, or just plain code.

...roy
K0EDG