[clue-talk] beautify your terminal

Charles Hutchinson chutchin at geekboi.org
Sat Dec 26 09:14:49 MST 2009

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Louis Miller <miller106c at comcast.net>wrote:

> Hello,
>
>      I found this program, which you can get from the Ubuntu repositories
> to add wallpaper to your terminal.
>
> http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/terminator.html
>
> Louis

Terminator is a great app.  I have been using it for a while now.  It allows
a lot more than just wallpapers in your terminal.  There are a great many
keyboard short cuts that for me are pretty well thought out.  The multiple
tabs, horizontal and vertical splits are what I use it for mostly.  Paired
with the keyboard short cuts I have a lot of control over the layout and
positioning of multiple terminal windows without having to touch the
rodent.  It can also be setup as a "desktop wallpaper" terminal with the
help of the all-tray utility.

It seems to be a python wrapper around gnome-terminal and as such can be a
bit of a resource hog.  I am not sure if it is the python bits or the
gnome-terminal bits that cause that.
--
Charlie

Joan Crawford<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joan_crawford.html>
- "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I
spend."