[clue-talk] installing applications with openbox

Louis Miller miller106c at comcast.net
Sat Dec 26 09:36:53 MST 2009

Hello,

     	Anyone know how to install applications in
     	#!Crunchbang with Openbox? I opened up synaptic
     	and I ticked the box and tried to download Open
  	Office Writer, but it didn't show up in the menus.
     		I tried to install Google Chrome, too. I guess it
     		just came out for Linux, and I opened up the Gdebi
     		package installer, and it seemed to go through the
     		process, but Google Chrome didn't show up on the
     		menus, either. Very strange.

	Is there a way to perform these tasks
     with the command line? I know how to type sudo apt-get install
     skype, but I don't know how to choose version numbers. I heard
     that Thunderbird 3 just came out and it has some cool new
     features, but I don't know how to install it.

Louis