[clue-talk] new processors

Louis Miller miller106c at comcast.net
Wed Dec 30 07:25:56 MST 2009

Hello,

        I went shopping for a new computer, yesterday. The salesman at
Micro-Center told me that the new dual-core computers would be much
faster than my Pentium 4. My Pentium 4 has a clock speed of 2Ghz. That
seems plenty fast to me. The one I was looking at was the cheapest they
had, at $400. It has two cores running at 2.7Ghz each. But, the salesman
told me that would be way faster than what I have now.

        Could someone send me a hyperlink to an article that would
explain how it would be so much faster, please? Something for the
non-computer scientist, if possible. Or if someone wants to explain it
and can through e-mail that would be okay, too.

Louis