[clue-talk] The stimulus bill

Jeremy Slade jeremy at jkslade.net
Wed Feb 4 11:23:47 MST 2009

David Rudder wrote:
> I'd like to challenge this board to come up with a single US president
> from the last century that embodies conservative principles.
>
> So, who is this mythical "conservative President"?  Or, are y'all just
> going to keep hoping that every person the US elects will fail because
> he doesn't meet your purity test?

And because we can't find our ideal, we should give up and stop looking?
 No thanks, I'd rather keep striving to achieve that ideal.

President Obama is a man like anyone else, so I do not expect
perfection.  I do however, expect him to be true to his oath to protect
and defend *the Constitution*.  I expect him to enforce and uphold the law.

Based on his record of appointing and trying to appoint tax evaders to
important offices, I am not hopeful that he is going to execute the
duties of his office very faithfully.

Jeremy