[clue-talk] The stimulus bill

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Feb 5 17:57:58 MST 2009

The Republicans and Bush sure showed us how to do that, didn't they?  Record national debt.

Um, no.

Are you saying the current Administration is going to lower the national debt?  That’s laughable.  What’s your point?  That both Parties are selling us all up the river?  As another who’d like fiscal conservatism, I agree.  Pork, pork, pork.

I have always regarded Rush to be nothing more than a pompous windbag.

Listening to sources from all sides is important in the Democratic process, even if you think they’re pompous windbags.  The current Administration would like to censor him by reinstating the so-called “Fairness” Act, which is not “Fair” in any way – the broadcasters carrying Rush do so because their audience wants him there, and the advertisers pay for him to be there – which is certainly more “fair” than the government regulating and censoring content.

I’m not particular to Rush or Franken on either side as “radio entertainment”, but I don’t want the government telling me I can’t listen to either one on the public airwaves.  Air America is a financial failure not because Franken & Company didn’t have ideas and content, but because they’re utterly boring and non-entertaining to listen to.  Now the Democrats would rather censor the airwaves than allow someone to be more entertaining than they are, since after all – that’s what Rush’s show is… political entertainment.

Nate