[clue-talk] The stimulus bill

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 12:42:07 MST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David L. Willson" <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU>
To: "CLUE talk" <clue-talk at cluedenver.org>
Sent: Friday, February 6, 2009 12:23:51 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: [clue-talk] The stimulus bill

I heard some professor say that if the gov't is going to piss away a trillion f*ing dollars anyway, they ought to invest it in educational grants, helping folks that want to re-educate or further educate to do so. Gosh, that made a lot of sense to me. That way, we might almost get the money back someday. The professor's name I can't recall, and in his defense, I added the colloquial expression "piss away" and the epithet. And whatever happened to saving for a rainy day?

Sounds good on the surface, but will you get training in something that will actually give you work? Get an education in chemistry, and see if you can get a job afterwards. And that was before the economy tanked.

If the govt is actually contemplating giving people money, also consider lower the amount of taxes and fees paid.