[clue-talk] The stimulus bill

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Feb 6 17:03:00 MST 2009

Sounds good on the surface, but will you get training in something that will actually give you work?  Get an education in chemistry, and see if you can get a job afterwards.  And that was before the economy tanked.

If the govt is actually contemplating giving people money, also consider lower the amount of taxes and fees paid.

----

I have a good friend who’s degree is in Chemistry, who runs a small business making radio equipment and got hired as a trainer capable of translating from “Engineering-speak” to English in classrooms.

Smart people make a living, “educated” people think they’re entitled to one via the exact job title they trained for.

Amen on the tax rebate.  Someone I know well joked yesterday to me that he “wanted to get on the bailout list”.  I replied by saying, “That’s called a tax cut.”  I encouraged him to fight to “get on the list” all he wanted!  (In other words, instead of pork-a-palooza, how about a permanent, no-expiration date, Federal tax cut across the board?

Wouldn’t that be a better way to help EVERYONE out equally?

He agreed, after it was put that way.

Go for it… Fight for your personal bail out.  Call your representatives and voice your opinion.

Nate