[clue-talk] Favorite Internet Radio?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 12:38:35 MST 2009

On 01-18 12:06, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Companion thread to my tech question about players.
>
> What do you like for streaming media sources? I hit Radio Paradise on
> occassion. When I do web searches for internet radio, I mostly get sites
> that want to pop up a web-based player. I'm looking for sites that have
> listings of direct streaming URLs. Kinda like this:
>
>   http://www.radioparadise.com/content.php?name=Listen
>
> But I'd like to get some Jazz, Classical, Classic Rock, maybe even some
> alternative, grunge, even metal sometimes.
>
> Anyone have some cool stuff?

Also, I know how you feel about social network sites, but I love Last.fm. I
don't really do the "social" part of it so much, but the similar artists
thing is sort of interesting.

Also, there is Pandora Radio. Similar concept, not so much of the faffing
about with "social networks".

http://www.pandora.com/

I've discovered a few artists this way.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com
Test-tube babies shouldn't throw stones.