[clue-talk] Favorite Internet Radio?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Mon Jan 19 10:22:47 MST 2009

On 01-18 17:06, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:27:06 -0700
> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
>
> > Well, there is this:
> >
> > http://somafm.com/play/bootliquor
> >
> > "Boot Liquor: Americana Roots music for Cowhands, Cowpokes and
> > Cowtippers"
> >
> > and that Indie Pops one, too.
>
> Hadn't gotten to those yet.
>
> Up now on Boot Liquor -- Slobberbone. Pretty good stuff.

Some years ago, I would have never really considered country music as
something I'd listen to. For me, listening to the Eagles was pushing it. :)
But now I listen to some alt-country (things like Wilco, Uncle Tupelo,
though I'm still groping around to branch out.), even willingly.  And when I
hear it elsewhere, I don't automatically reach for a barf bag.

I gave that channel a listen for a little bit to check it out. I may have to
revisit it. I would like to find a good bluegrass channel. If you happen to
know of one, let me know.

I would also add this link I found when trying to figure out how to scrobble
my tracks from an Internet station. You may not care at all about the
scrobbling part (I'm nearly 100% you won't, in fact), but you may care about
the time-shifting aspect. Pretty sweet. The downside is you must start
streamripper and give it enough lead time to fetch a few tracks.

http://www.last.fm/user/w-sky/journal/2008/12/31/2d7onq_scrobble_internet_radio_using_winamp_and_audioscrobbler_plugin

I had success with Winamp on Windoze, but streamripper is cross-platform, so
you may find success with streamripper + player of your choice
(Banshee/Amarok/xmms/???).

Streamripper on sourceforge:

http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com
"I'd love to go out with you, but the man on television told me to stay
tuned."