[clue-talk] The stimulus bill

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 16:40:12 MST 2009

If you believe this porkapalooza will help our economy, hit the big X
button now.

Otherwise you may find this bit of satire from Mark Steyn moderately
humorous (tragic?).

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ODljYzM3YTc0ODA4MmVmMjI2YzVmNGM3NWU3ODE2NWI=

My favorite excerpt:

"Stimulus" comes from the verb stimulare, which is Latin for "transfer
massive sums of money from what remains of the dynamic sector of the
economy to the special interests of the Democratic party." No, hang
on, my mistake. Stimulare means "to goad." And, on that front, the
Democrats are doing an excellent job. They've managed to goad 58
percent of the American people into opposing the "stimulus" package.
They've managed to goad all 177 Republicans in the House into
unpacking their mothballed cojones and voting against the bill.

--
Collins Richey