[clue-talk] The stimulus bill

Dave Maddox softwareanddesign at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 23:05:40 MST 2009

I ran into someone whose business was tanking and he saw the road ahead,
so since he's one of the more experienced generation, he's looking into
signing up for Social Security. I'm not sure if I want to say
rearranging the deck chairs in the Titanic, rats leaving a sinking ship,
or all the passengers rushing to one side and tipping it over. Something
nautical, apparently.

I hear there are a bunch of people who know about economics in Davos
noshing and chatting. They might know something, or have some ideas. And
word on the street (European press) says they are talking about us - a
lot. I know we sent someone, and apparently Obama knows her which I
guess is good. I hope she wears a name tag when she's there, though,
meeting the heads of Germany, China, Russia...

Is this going to be like when we went it alone with Iraq, only in
economics? Do we really know it all? Or are we just waiting for the UN
Global Economic Council to take over (Chancellor Merkel's suggestion)?

Dave