[clue-talk] LPI cert

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri May 22 08:07:46 MDT 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:

> But anyway... now I'm curious, and I've seen some discussion on the
> topic here before, but I forget easily... how many folks on the list are
> certified and have you found it at all useful in your professional life?
>  A requirement for any Linux jobs out there that you were interested in?
>  Etc...

My $.02. I'm not interested - too few years left to work. I'm also not
convinced that memorization of specific commands is worth more than
the ability to find what you need quickly via man, google, or plain
ole printed matter.

That being said, I'm sure that being certified may help you qualify as
a candidate, but if you want something really useful you probably
should take the RedHatosoft exams since many companies have swallowed
the RedHat === Linux line.

--
Collins Richey