[clue-talk] speculation on Microsoft's worst enemy

Tue Nov 10 11:21:20 MST 2009

I think Microsoft was dangerously close to killing RIM/Blackberry, and locking down mobile computing when the iPhone rose up and saved the day.  If not for the iPhone, we'd have, or be looking forward to, the same lack of choice (for normals) in phone OSs that we have in PC's.  Beware of over-standardization and IP legal lock-in/out...  Beware...  I am super-happy to see that phones look like they'll keep some diversity for several years to come.  Yay, competition!