[clue-talk] Microsoft vs. the EU

grant at amadensor.com grant at amadensor.com
Tue Nov 10 11:59:02 MST 2009

> When the news became a business and the profit motive drives what is
> presented you get the current news lineup.  That's why it's beneficial to
> balance what news you get via public (NPR) and international (BBC)
> sources.  What I find odd is that given Fox News' ratings why hasn't
> someone started a competing conservative news channel that presents actual
> news rather than talking heads.

Remember, though, that NPR is government owned, and will carry a certain
slant because of that.   Just think about what state owned media has done
through history in other countries, especially when only state owned
sources existed.

I agree with looking at international sources as well.  I like to look to
conservative and liberal sources as well as international.   Somewhere in
there you can find the truth.