[clue-talk] the impossible

Shawn Perry redmop924 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 29 12:47:48 MST 2009

Your best bet to get that output would be to boot from the Ubuntu
LiveCD, open a terminal (it's in the menu somewhere) and type "lspci
-v"

It looks like it uses the same wired ethernet as the EEEPC 1008HA.  I
found it here.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1197614&highlight=acer+5516

It's not the simplest fix, but it is reported by several people to
work perfectly.

Yes, the USB adaptors will need a driver, but it's pretty likely to be
installed automatically.

Shawn