[clue-talk] questions wanted for VMware/ESX presentation

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Fri Dec 17 13:35:41 MST 2010

Folks:

A few ideas for Mike and company out there since Mike is/was probing for ideas/topics.  This might be for multiple presentations as well.
- VMware Server v2.x is slated for "end of life" come 30 June.  So perhaps VMware ESXi as an option on the server end (since it is technically "freeware") with the differences from ESXi to ESX.
- If there is going to be a VMware Server v3 or similar, perhaps something on that vs. ESXi and ESX as well.
- End user versions like VMware Workstation vs. VMware Player.

I will leave out the chief issue of no Linux ESX/ESXi client (one of my personal pet peeves) of course. ;-)

Mark Harvey made a good point in inviting out the Denver VMware UG as well potentially.  Hopefully it would be welcomed on their part too.

For Mike in particular, thoughts on Spring Source, Hyperic HQ (under Spring Soruce), and/or Zimbra presentations (granted, Linux ETC and/or David Willson could do as well) perhaps or would your group be specific for VMware?  Thoughts from the CLUE crowd?

HTH.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court