[clue-talk] questions wanted for VMware/ESX presentation

Fri Dec 17 13:48:33 MST 2010

- VMware Server v2.x is slated for "end of life" come 30 June.

WHAT??? For crying out loud, I'm still using 1.x! And lots of it!

- If there is going to be a VMware Server v3 or similar...

Seriously, Mike, can you find out what the road-map is for the product formerly known as GSX? BTW, who thought it was a good idea to rename the product "VMware Server"? They ~really~ couldn't predict the amount of confusion that would cause?

> I will leave out the chief issue of no Linux ESX/ESXi client (one of my personal pet peeves) of course. ;-)

I won't. This one thing is why I refuse to use ESX* anywhere I have a choice. Homey don't play Windows. (except where there's really no choice)