[clue-talk] Mediawiki, Webpress and Drupal

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:35:10 MST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Brian Gibson <bwg1974 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've had some experience with Drupal.  It didn't fit well with me the few
> times I've used it.  It's great for getting off the ground quickly, but if
> you're doing anything outside it's scope, it's not very easy to customize.

Just for the record, this is the exact opposite of the classic
complaint about Drupal. I assure you that it's scope is "anything
possible online."

> Plus you have to live with any features included whether you need them or
> not, and they can sometimes get in your way or the client's.

This is one of the classic complaints (and is valid): you spend more
time turning things off or modifying theme templates to hide them than
you do adding features.

I'm not trying to push people toward a solution, but we should be
properly informed before making it.

Regards,
Greg

--