[clue-talk] Hosting recommendations?

grant at amadensor.com grant at amadensor.com
Thu Feb 4 15:57:15 MST 2010

> Cluebies,
>
> I'd like to get my own domain and a *very* simple site going - enough to
> post my resume, have a page describing my projects, host a blog, and
> really
> not much more.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations for that? I'm thinking something like
> Wordpress for the blog part?
>
> What about DNS registration and hosting? I'm thinking this stuff has been
> commoditized for many years now and should be dirt cheap.
>
> --

I use hub.org.   I get a VPS with root for a very reasonable cost, and can
install whatever I like, but they will install common things for me, if I
ask.   They also have PostgreSQL in addition to MySQL, which was the
tipping point that got me there.  It is $6/month for the really basic
plan, or $14 for the cool one.   If you get in early at the beginning of
the month, they give away a few of the $6 accounts each month, with one
year free.