[clue-talk] new processors

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Jan 3 13:51:37 MST 2010

On Jan 3, 2010, at 1:44 PM, Louis Miller wrote:

> Do the current operating systems and applications take full advantage of mutliple cores or multi-threading? Are those the same things?

Sometimes it's not the OS so much as the application... a single-threaded blocking app, is still a pig on any OS/processor combo...

I'm finding that Final Cut (video editing) will push every Mac I own to the limit and beyond.  Man.  HD video transcoding is resource-intensive!

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com

http://facebook.com/denverpilot