[clue-talk] new processors

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Jan 3 13:53:39 MST 2010

On Jan 3, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Louis Miller wrote:

>       Thanks for the link to the white paper. I looked up white paper on wikipedia. Interesting. I didn't want to create an account on silicon.com in order to read it.  I don't know much about the Linux kernels. I'm not even sure what the kernel numbers are for each version of Ubuntu. I can try to look that up on wikipedia. I guess Linux is ready to take advantage of multiple cores. What about Mac and Windoze?

Pretty much all the newest OS's on any platform or type all handle multiple-core/multi-threading in one way or another.  Another consideration these days is 32 vs 64-bit OS support, but they all have that too.  Mainly for being able to add and properly address massive amounts of RAM...

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com

http://facebook.com/denverpilot