[clue-talk] Alternative KDE distro

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 16:38:32 MST 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Michael Irons <michael.irons at gmail.com> wrote:

> out.
> I update my laptop laptop fairly often, so sidux is a possibility. It makes
> me nervous to be fully in the Sid branch though as I am in school and need
> my laptop almost daily... I won't have time to fix/track down/remove a
> goofball package if it ruins the system too often.... what is "pretty
> stable"? Average bad package once a week? Once a month? More? Less?
> Thanks again,

Pretty stable means 2 painful situations in 2+ years; none in between.
They nearly always provide up front warnings about these situations,
but I was too new and didn't read the warning. That was a major xorg
upgrade that wasn't quite cooked. It was fixed in a few days. I can't
remember the second. I haven't been unable to use my system ever.

--
Collins Richey