[clue-talk] Alternative KDE distro

Warren warren at guano.org
Tue Jan 12 10:51:08 MST 2010

Michael Irons <michael.irons at gmail.com> wrote:

 > I was wanted to get feedback/recommendations on possible KDE
 > distributions to replace Kubuntu on my laptop. Kubuntu works okay
 > of the box, but if you want to change anything from the default...
 > good luck. It is a perpetual knot.

Every distro has its strengths and weaknesses (and ANNOYANCES), but
PCLinuxOS (http://pclinuxos.com/) almost always "just works" for me.

The default is KDE 3.5, but you can update to KDE4 if you like.  It
comes in other desktop flavors, too, like Gnome, XFCE, etc.

There are fewer scheduled releases than other distros and it mostly
depends on a rolling release schedule.

--

 < /W >