[clue-talk] Sidux problems

Louis Miller miller106c at comcast.net
Sun Jan 10 20:46:24 MST 2010

I installed the Sidux KDE lite CD version twice, because the first time
it didn't work properly. Then, there is no package manager, so you have
to do everything with the command line, which I couldn't figure out how
to do. Then, I burned the DVD version to disc with a full KDE desktop,
because I couldn't find an e-mail program. Then, It didn't work, right,
so I re-installed it. Then, I had to fiddle with entering my root
password, then hit 'startx' in order to bring up the desktop, and when
the desktop finally loaded, my cursor was froze. I thought it might be a
fluke, so I rebooted and the cursor froze the second time. What is so
great about this distro that I should continue plugging away at it? Why
shouldn't I just throw the disc in the garbage and open a bottle of
champagne that it is off my computer?

Louis