[clue-talk] Corporate Media Is The Problem

grant at amadensor.com grant at amadensor.com
Thu Jan 21 15:26:31 MST 2010

> The fact that there are tons of phpBB (or other canned software) sites out
> there contradicts the notion that discussion boards are somehow outmoded.
> Obviously, people still love to talk, even in (mostly) text-only
> environments...my only complaint is that these things are splintered all
> over the place, and often owned by a single corporation. If that
> corporation
> decides to close shop or censor the conversations, any "community" that
> was
> built up suffers for it.

How was Usenet done?   There had to be a central point of truth for each
newsgroup.   If that server went, didn't it all come down for that one
group?

I am pondering a fix...   I will check into feasibility of implementation,
and then report back.  The idea is to make almost everything simple to
edit, and small bandwidth text, while completely decentralizing the
servers so that no one crash can bring the whole thing down.