[clue-talk] Resurrecting/creating a Hacking Society Chapter

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Thu Mar 25 14:22:56 MDT 2010

Hi folks,

There used to be a Golden chapter of the hacking society. I've never been,
but I'm definitely interested. Unfortunately, although the Boulder one seems
to be active, the Golden one is inactive:

http://www.hackingsociety.org/

I think it *might* be more conducive to have one in the Denver area, but I
was just wondering what sort of interest there might be, and what would make
a good venue?

Nice to haves:

1. Coffee/tea/snacks to purchase.
2. Whiteboard.

Clue-Cert has been meeting at a library, and I think they have some of that
stuff for sale at times?

A Wi-Fi network is almost a requirement, I would think. Along with a mailing
list or forum somewhere.

I think it'd be really interesting to have a place where nearly "anything
goes" as far as programming/project interests go - with the possibility of
people participating in pair programming or group coding projects if they'd
like. And I wouldn't even necessarily confine it to just open source stuff,
although that would probably dominate (I wouldn't mind pair programming with
someone on Obj-C in XCode for Iphone for example)....

Thoughts? Anyone interested? What about meeting times?

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com
Johnson's First Law:
	When any mechanical contrivance fails, it will do so at the
most inconvenient possible time.