[clue-talk] Resurrecting/creating a Hacking Society Chapter

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Thu Mar 25 16:26:25 MDT 2010

On 03-25 14:25, Dan Kulinski wrote:
> Isn't this a niche that Club Workshop (http://clubworkshop.com) fulfills
> already?
>
> Dan Kulinski

No. The Makers Group/Club Workshop is generally about making real things.
I've been to many/most of their meetings, and I think it's great. But they
aren't really doing what the Hacker Society chapters do.

If you look at their site, it's more about software, although I don't see
any reason to strictly confine it to that (i.e., if someone wants to bring
in an OpenWRT and work on it.) . If it is something that spills over into,
say, building a robot, that might be something more in tune with Makers.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com
Love thy neighbor as thyself, but choose your neighborhood.
		-- Louise Beal