[clue-talk] Sales presentations at meetings (was Re: Fwd: Cyber Monday 3 Day Sale - Get Up to 50% Off)

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Mon Nov 29 14:36:42 MST 2010

I guess as one of the CLUE Admins I will chime in here some.

Typically in the past, sales folks making pitches and presentations have resulted in disgruntle CLUEbies wanting more of a "technical presentation" versus "sales pitch".  I know when I was scheduling CLUE-North meetings I did my best to advise companies doing presentations like that to have the sales reps off to the side for folks to approach which turned out better, and let the technical folks show off the goods.  Another good example would be the recent RedHat Road Tour where there were presentations on RHEL v6 features and such, with multiple sales engineers available afterward over lunch to answer specifics and taking information for the sales crew to follow up.

I am not sure who is handling CLUE "swag" these days for door prizes so Dennis might be the best person to talk to about that.

Food for thought for folks.  Comments and such as welcomed.  Also to note as usual, I receive the CLUE lists in Digest format, so pardon any delays in advance.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA