[clue-talk] best/worst/most interesting distro?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Oct 5 01:21:32 MDT 2010

On Oct 4, 2010, at 9:13 PM, Mike Bean wrote:

> What do you use at home?  Provided there are those of us out there, who don't automatically use Ubuntu.

Sadly or not: No Linux machines at HOME anymore.  Plenty of CentOS and Debian machines all over the place at various data centers or hacked up variants thereof, some making people money, some just making the world a more interesting place. :-)

OSX at home.  Moved one old XP machine into a Parallels VM on a Mac because I was too lazy to dig through it for everything I *might* need, but it hadn't been seriously used in a while.

Oh and a bunch of Solaris 8 machines that make far too much money to turn off, but is part of an EOL'ed product line... but that's a very strange, long, story of "How to stay employed even if the technology you're supporting is ancient, boring, and ... profitable."  Ugh.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com