[clue-talk] best/worst/most interesting distro?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 17:29:19 MDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Mike Bean <beandaemon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I keep an eye on distrowatch, and I don't think it'll shock anyone to assert
> that most people use the to 6 or so distros on their list, both at home and
> at work, but I got a little curious.  Someone's using those other distros,
> somewhere...  So I thought I'd just come over and ask for opinions,  what's
> your best/worst/most interesting distro?  What do you use at home?

I've done a lot of distros over the years - Slackware, Caldera, SuSE,
Gentoo, all the RedHat derivatives, ubuntu (k & X variants], sidux,
and now PCLinuxOS. At work a mixture of RHEL and CentOS and
Solaris.and entirely too mux Windows.

The only one I would describe as the worst (IMHO) is the Novel/SuSE
set. All of the others have their pluses and minuses. A lot of people
like CentOS (and other RH derivatives), but it's rather trying to fit
the latest LAMP set into an RHEL/Other distro - too far behind the
curve.

PCLOS is what I'll run until something better comes along or I get a
wild hair to try something new. I've done both the KDE (main PC) and
the LXDE (netbook) set.

--
Collins Richey