[clue-talk] Enterprise level hosting provider

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 00:05:50 MDT 2010

Amazon EC2 and Rackspace come immediately to mind, and by that token, are
probably already on your short list.  The only experience I have with Rackspace
is for vanilla hosting space and not virtualization.  There service is top notch
and fast.  Their customer service is very responsive, but like any other
provider, by the time you're calling them, you often have to escalate the
problem to a senior tech because you know more than the junior ones fielding the
front lines.  We ran into a technical issue with how they configure their load
balancers where the .NET load balancers are prioritized before the Linux ones
even if you disable .NET on your account.  They were able to help diagnose and
resolve the issue in a relatively timely manner given that it wasn't a mission
critical problem.

- Brian