[clue-talk] [clue-tech] Jan meeting

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Sat Jan 8 16:01:51 MST 2011

----- "David L. Willson" <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU> -----

> I don't mind lending my laptop, but I'd rather have a different main
> presentation planned than, "Dave Anselmi can probably come talk about
> some stuph. Maybe." Why the f- Why are we just now pinning down the
> talk?

See prior remarks on this point.  This does happen now and then.  I recall making CLUE-North into impromptu "hacking society" deals when such happened.

> Is it OK with everyone to review administrative roles at this meeting?
> I'm assuming it is, but maybe I haven't clearly asked for
> objections... If you have a problem being asked to volunteer, or to
> point at the fellow you think would be good at a thing, say so now,
> and/or don't show up for the meeting.

I am still game for being server admin then if that is part of the discussions. ;-)

> Crawford: Do you have a partner over there? Maybe your partner could
> come talk about something, with slides, using your install of BBB for
> web-cast and recording.

This would be last minute since I was not expecting to present or be down in the DTC area (I will actually be in Golden right before that at a client meeting to be honest).  I was just thinking I could assign someone the role of "presenter" for the talk, have others join in including something at Oracle on a projector screen, and go from there.  Most of the Linux ETC crew also reside on the N and NW side of Denver, but I could ask...just no promises.

Also to note, the web conference system does NOT record.  This is something we are looking at, but it is a part of BBB's functionality (or lack there of currently).  I admit I would like to have this feature as well, but one step at a time of course.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA