[clue-tech] Dvorak Keyboard and Linux

Jeremiah Stanley jstanley at us.pason.com
Wed Aug 30 13:30:08 MDT 2000

> I was wondering about picking up a replacement Dvorak keyboard as a
> replacement for my worn-out Dell OEM keyboard. Anybody using a Dvorak with
> (RH) Linux - suggestions/comments?
>
> I came across this info which makes it look like it's really no big deal
> switching my Linux setup to Dvorak:
> http://vancouver-webpages.com/vanlug/1998-2/0180.html

That actually is made to be harder than really is. You are only editing
two text files. Granted one of them is REALLY important. The X server can
crash and can be killed at will. But the default keymap is important.
Does anyone have any experience switching these on the fly?

Let me know where I can find a dvorak keyboard, I'm interested in trying
one out.

Jeremiah Stanley - Pason USA (jstanley at us.pason.com)