[clue-tech] VMWare

gary.l.shapiro at lmco.com gary.l.shapiro at lmco.com
Wed Aug 30 12:45:39 MDT 2000

I would like to know whether anyone on this list has had experience using
VMWare on a Linux-based system. VMWare is software that is supposed to allow
the running of a Windows NT OS (and Windows applications) as a "virtual
machine" on a host computer running Linux as a base OS, without resorting to
dual booting. For anyone who has tried it, how has it performed? What
problems, if any, have you encountered with it? What do you generally have
to give up, in terms of performance, etc., to use this kind of "dual" OS
setup? We have a need to be able to run Windows-based applications
concurrently with Linux/Unix applications, and this software sounds good, if
it actually does what it claims.

Thanks,

Gary L. Shapiro
Software Engineer
Lockheed Martin Space Systems - Astronautics Operations