[clue-tech] automatic dial-up for web browsing

matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com
Wed Aug 30 14:27:19 MDT 2000

Recently, I had a chance to try one of those I-opener machines that are sold
for just web browsing and email.  I didn't like how small the screen was,
nor the fact that it didn't seem to offer a way to open multiple web
browsing windows at once, nor the fact that you had to navigate back to a
certain page in order to enter a new URL.

However, I was impressed with how, once the user entered a URL, the browser
would dial-up the ISP, complete the connection, and load the page without
further input from the user.  I'm suspect that the tools for doing this
could be found in a standard Linux distribution, but I don't know
specifically what tools might be able to do this.  Anybody know?