[CLUE-Tech] Re: [CLUE-Cert] Re: Need help!!

Jim Intriglia jimintriglia at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 8 19:09:12 MST 2000

Shawn,

As Lynn mentioned, the linuxprinting.org page has specific info on
configuring the Epson 777 for Linux. I have a new Epson Color 900G, which I
was able to get running for low res printing using RH V6.2 printtool (The
900G was not listed specifically; I don't know if RH 7.0 printtool will list
it either).

In any event, the linuxprining page for my Epson 900G mentions excellent
printing test results (hi-res and otherwise) via a print driver package
called STP. The EP777 page mentions "so-far-so good" test results, as this
printer is (new) lightly tested so far.

A while back, I gave the STP print driver web site a read-through. It was
not really clear to me after reading the documentation how the heck to
install the driver, but I need to get my printer running hi-res this
weekend, so I am going to give it another shot.

Hope this info helps.

-JimI.