[CLUE-Tech] Debian & Apt-get

John Kottal jlkottal at americanisp.net
Thu Dec 14 06:23:26 MST 2000

Chris wrote:

> Does any one know how I can get a listing of the commands and their function?

Man -k apt-get should give a listing of the man pages that contain
information
about apt-get. You can then man that particular page for more detail.

You might also want to read this, which although it is for version 2.1,
still
contains good information:

	http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/debian/chapter/index.html

Appendix C covers the Debian package system, including apt-get

I had a little trouble with the sources.list file that came with Debian.
In order to get it to work I had to edit out the line about non-us
sources:

	deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US

Hope this helps.

John Kottal