[CLUE-Tech] Mime types in KMail (KDE 2.0)

Jeffery C. Cann jccann at home.com
Thu Dec 14 12:25:58 MST 2000

Greetings.

I will save a Star Office 5.2 document as type MS 97/2000 Word document.  If
I email this document using KMail (KDE2) to myself at work, my Lotus Notes
client reads interprets the document attachment correctly and I can open it
using MS Word.  BTW - I am attaching document as BASE64.

When I send the same document to someone who uses (surprize) MS Outlook or MS
Outlook Express (not sure exactly which one), the receipient always resports
that the attachment is garbled.

This seems to be a problem with MS email clients.  Does anyone have
suggestions to remedy this problem?

Thanks
Jeff
--