[CLUE-Tech] Enlightenment, gnome and KDE.

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Dec 19 08:48:58 MST 2000

Thus spoke Dave Price
> What is an easy way to change a window manager (other than a control
> panel)?  What scripts do i edit to do this either for a specific user
> account or system wide?  If i need to RAFM, a url would be great!

Although I haven't check recent distributions, on my KRUD installation (re:
RH 6.2) I can still just set the window manager in the .wm_style
congiguration file in my $HOME directory.  Alternatively (and the method I
actually use), you can edit your .Xclients file and stuff the window
manager in there.  I do this because I don't want KDE or GNOME running and
using .Xclients lets me circumvent them.

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com