[CLUE-Tech] Java swing

Jeffery C. Cann jccann at home.com
Fri Dec 22 07:12:31 MST 2000

Roger,

It means that the path to swing jar is not in your $CLASSPATH env variable
 - or -
you actually do not have swing installed.

I am guessing you do not have swing installed.

As of Java 1.2, swing comes by default.  If you are running an older version
of the JDK, then you have to download swing in a separate package.

If I were you, I would grab Java 1.3 from either IBM or Sun (both have Linux
versions) and you will be all set.

Does your interest in Java have something to do with the Comp Sci AP exams
moving to Java in 2003?  Just curious.

Jeff

P.S.  I have been coding in Java for about 2 years, feel free to ask any
questions.  It's a fun language!

--
jccann [at] home [dot] com