[clue-tech] KDE and Netscape questions

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Sat Jul 15 10:28:38 MDT 2000

"grant at amadensor.com" wrote:

> Kevin Cullis wrote:
> >
> > When I start Netscape up, almost always it creates a LOCK file and I
> > have to delete it.  Is there any way NOT to go through this everytime?
> >
> > Second, in KDE when I use the right mouse button to Move to Trash, is
> > that file "deleted," such that if I did that to the LOCK file above,
> > should I consider that with the Netscape question above?
> >
> > --
> > Kevin
> > --
> > Success is never final, failure is never fatal.
> The lock file only indicates that there is already a netscape running.
> KDE....  Are you by chance double-clicking?  By default on KDE, the
> desktop is single click.
>
> The lock file has a process number.  If that process is dead, usually
> netscape will delete it itself.  My guess is that either you are double
> clicking, or there is a rouge netscape process running (It happens to me
> often and I have to kill it with a signal 9).

While I don't double click, I have had times which a single click has
closed a window when I was trying to access the To Desktop menu item.
It may be a sensitivity issue with my mouse buttons.

I kill the process as well, but I'd like to kill the source of the
problem rather than keep on deleting lock files.

Thanks for the info.

Kevin