[clue-tech] KDE and Netscape questions

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Sat Jul 15 15:35:48 MDT 2000

Kevin Cullis wrote:

> ...I don't double click ...
> I kill the process as well, but I'd like to kill the source of the
> problem rather than keep on deleting lock files.

Netscape usually does a good job of cleaning up the lock file.
The exception is when it crashes.  This happens far to often
in my experience.  As long as Netscape is terminated gracefully,
there should be no nuisence lock file left behind.  On the
occasions netscape does crash, you'll probably need remove
the lock file.

I suppose you could write a little script for calling netscape
that would first kill all netscape processes and remove the
lock file.  Something like the following might work.

#!/bin/bash
#
# netscape.sh
#