[clue-tech] Linux (kernel) and Internal IDE/Atapi Tape Drive Support

Jeffery C. Cann jccann at home.com
Thu Jul 20 07:17:43 MDT 2000

Jim Intriglia wrote:

> Is there a utility or command (Linux, RH, GNU app., etc) or some other
> method to determine the parameters/options under which my RH kernel was
> compiled?

I am not sure about a tool that could be used to query the kernel and
describe its parameters.  I do know that when I compile kernels,  the
kernel config file has all the options I set when I configured it.

I don't know if RHAT leaves this file around in /usr/src/linux or
/whatever/path/to/kernel/src, but if it is there, it will definitely
tell you the kernel parameters.

Jeff

P.S. Here are the first few lines: (2.2.13 kernel)
---------------------
#
# Automatically generated make config: don't edit
#

#
# Code maturity level options
#